We are currently planning one of these two options for baby domo after my wife ends her maternity leave.
Why choose infant care ?
- Baby will be able to “socialise”
- Personnel will be “more capable” of taking care of her compared to a maid
- No chance of a inter-personal relationship conflict at home involving a new member of the family.
Why hire a maid?
- Baby gets more attention
- Household chores can be relegated to her
- We can get a good night sleep (most important point here)
- We can continue to use cloth diaper and feed breast milk to baby domo(infant care will most likely say no to cloth diaper..)
Why no to infant care?
- We spending money so we can spend even more money…(infant care’s inability to accept cloth diaper and even maybe breast milk)
- Baby Domo will fall sick more often ..(higher immunity over time, so that’s a toss)
inconvenienceof traveling back and forth to the centre
Why no to hiring a maid?
- Higher costs ( can easily run up to 1K/month)
- lesser freedom at home, as we need to monitor the maid
- higher startup cost, cameras + deposit and all.
Over the next few days, after I have visited 2 infant cares, I will share a more detailed comparison between the two options.